Prepare your return envelope
- After you have completed your ballot and checked it for accuracy, place it in the Optional Secrecy Sleeve.
- Place it in the Signature Return ID Envelope and seal it.
- Check to make sure that your name and address are printed correctly on the back of the ballot Signature Return ID Envelope.
- If either your name or address is not correct, contact your County Elections Office for help.
- If they are both correct, go to step 4.
- If you have a disability and cannot physically sign your name on the ballot , you may submit an SEL540 Signature Stamp Attestation Form and an SEL500 Voter Registration Form to the County Elections Official.
- Read the Voter's Statement printed on the Signature Return ID Envelope. If all of the statements are true, sign the Signature Return ID Envelope.
- You must sign in order for your ballot to be counted.
- Signing another person's name is illegal.
- You must sign your own ballot Signature Return ID Envelope.
Return your ballot
You can return your ballot by using any of these methods.
- Mail it back it through the United States Postal Service. (Postage is prepaid, no stamps needed!)
- Drop it off at any County Elections Office.
- Drop it off at a designated Official Ballot Dropsite.
Tracking your ballot
You can track your ballot or find out if your ballot was received by the following methods.
Your ballot must be received in a County Elections Office or a Official Ballot Dropsite by 8pm on Election Day. Mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within 7 days to be counted.
Postmarks now count! Ballots postmarked on or before Election Day will be honored. Ballots delivered to the Elections Office or Official Dropsites must be received by 8pm Election Day.
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124