Skip to main content

Community Resources

Find resources in the community for emergency assistance, short term rental assistance, and other basic needs.


Our new location as of September 12, 2022, is Adams Crossing, 161 NW Adams Ave, Suite 2000, MS 63, Hillsboro, OR 97124.

The Department of Housing Services (DHS) provides affordable housing opportunities and rental assistance only. The DHS does not have any emergency programs. All rental assistance programs have a waiting list.

If you are in need of assistance beyond what the Department is able to provide, you may consider contacting one or more of the local resources listed below, or review our Resource and Referral List. 

Please note that information on this page may change without notice. Please contact us if you discover that information listed here is no longer accurate. Thank you!

Housing resources

Community Connect--(503) 640-3263

HUD Subsidized Apartments in Oregon

Community Action Homeless and Housing Services--(503) 640-3263

Open Door Counseling Center--(503) 640-6689

Landlord/tenant issues

Community Alliance of Tenants--(503) 288-0130

Fair Housing Council of Oregon--(503) 223-8295

Neighborhood Mediation Center--(503) 526-2523

HUD Housing Discrimination Hotline--(800) 669-9777

Purchasing a home

Portland Housing Bureau--(503) 823-2375

Portland Housing Center--(503) 282-7744

West Tuality Habitat for Humanity--(503) 359-8459

Fannie Mae Home Buyer Resources

Home repair for low income home owners

Community Action Weatherization Program--(503) 648-6646

Habitat For Humanity Home Repair & Preservation--(503) 844-7606

Rebuilding Together--(503) 644-4544

Clean Energy Works--(855) 870-0049

Services for seniors and persons with disabilities

Imagine Possibilities--(503) 649-6110

Independent Living Resources--(503) 232-7411

Washington County Department of Aging and Veterans Services--(503) 640-3489

State of Oregon - Links to Services for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities

State of Oregon - Links to Mental Health Services

Emergency assistance (food, clothing, misc.)

State of Oregon, Department of Human Services

Beaverton office--(503) 646-9952
Tigard office--(503) 670-9711
Hillsboro office--(503) 648-8951
Find your local office

Low Income Energy Assistance Program--(503) 648-6646

St. Vincent DePaul Society-- (503) 235-7837

St. Vincent DePaul Society (emergency assistance)-- (503) 235-8431

St Vincent DePaul Society (Hillsboro and North Plains)-- (503) 693-7528

Love INC Greater Beaverton--(503) 336-5946

Love INC Greater Hillsboro--(503) 648-0700

Love INC Tigard, Tualatin and Sherwood--(503)443-6888

Mental health and counseling

Domestic Violence Resource Center 24-Hour Hotline--(503) 469-8620

Oregon Family Support Network--(503) 363-8068

Trauma Intervention Program (TIP)--(503) 823-3937

LifeWorks Northwest--(503) 645-3581

Washington County Crisis Line--(503) 291-9111

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline--(800) 273-8255

Veteran's services

Disability, Aging, and Veteran Services--(503) 846-3060

Portland Veteran's Medical Center--(503) 220-8262

Hillsboro Veteran's Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC)--(503) 906-2000

Veteran Community Resource and Referral Center--(503) 808-1256

VASH Program information

Information and referral

Equal Housing Opportunity logo

The following may be able to refer you to resources in the community not listed here:

211 Info --dial 2-1-1 -or- (503) 222-5555

Please note: the resources listed here and on our Resource and Referral List are provided as a public service by the Washington County Department of Housing Services. These resources are not affiliated with the Department or Washington County unless noted. Information contained in these lists may change without notice.