Mission: To promote better government accountability, public policy, and County services through impactful audits and analyses.
Vision: The Auditor’s Office is a valued contributor to the continuous improvement of County government for the public good.
Values: Accountability, integrity, independence, impact, and equity
- Accountability – We value commitments of organizations and individuals to being responsible and transparent for the decisions and/or actions they take and being able to give a satisfactory reason for them.
- Integrity – We value performance of work with an attitude that is objective, fact-based, nonpartisan, and nonideological with regard to audited entities and users of audit reports.
- Independence – We value independence. This includes two aspects:
- The state of mind that permits the conduct of an audit without being affected by influences that compromise auditors’ professional judgment.
- The absence of circumstances that would cause a reasonable, informed third party to conclude that the integrity, objectivity, or professional skepticism of an audit organization or member of the audit team has been compromised.
- Impact – We value making County government accountable and better able to serve the public.
- Equity – We believe public resources and power should be used fairly and ethically in the creation and delivery of government policy and services.
- Improve government accountability and performance
- Maximize team effectiveness and fulfillment.