Notice: Many of our divisions are still responding to COVID-19 and may not have capacity to accept new or additional interns. Students are welcome to submit an application. Please be aware, our processing time is still experiencing delays. We typically respond to students within 30 days of receiving your application.
The goals of our internship program are to:
- Actively participate in the education and training of the future health and human services workforce.
- Introduce students to health-related careers.
- Support a diverse and local workforce reflective of our community.
Please note: HHS can support a limited number of internships. Applicants are strongly encouraged to explore other internship placements in addition to HHS.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for an internship, a student must be enrolled in an approved educational institution. Students pursuing an associates, bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degrees may apply. Internships may be part-time or full-time based on requirements of the internship and the student’s availability.
How to apply
Internship applications are accepted year-round. As internship opportunities become available, applicants are notified. Complete and submit the application to [email protected] with these attachments.
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for at least two references, preferably a professor/teacher and/or employer.
- Cover letter (optional)
Some programs may require an interview.
HHS programs that host interns
- Accounting, contracting and finance
- Animal Services (veterinarian technician students only)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Children, Youth and Families
- Disability, Aging and Veteran services
- Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Preparedness/Management
- Environmental Health
- General data and policy analysis
- Health Equity and Policy
- Maternal Child and Reproductive Health (BSN and graduate students only)
- Medical Examiner's Office (Email [email protected] if interested in this program. They have a separate application process.)
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Women, Infants & Children