The Housing Authority develops units of affordable rental housing through partnerships with the public and private sector. We have facilitated development of thousands of additional units of affordable housing in the community. Some are owned through a partnership between the Housing Authority and private entities, and some are owned entirely by the partners (“privately owned”). All provide below-market rents to qualifying low-income households. The Housing Authority also provides 12 units of affordable housing for elderly or disabled households through the Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development program.
Recently Renovated Affordable Housing Communities Now Leasing!
Five recently renovated affordable communities in the Housing Authority of Washington County portfolio are now leasing. In celebration of the recent renovation screening fees are waived at these sites and a two-week rental concession is available through the end of 2023:
Aloha Park features 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom apartments in a beautiful community setting, located conveniently near Portland Community College and the Willow Creek/SW 185th Max Station. 503-649-6340
List of Properties
Rents for the following units are set to be affordable to low-income households earning between 50-80% of the Area Median Income and are typically below-market. These properties have ample experience working with the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Please be aware that units may or may not currently be available. Some sites have a waiting list. Income limits apply. For details, please contact each property via their phone number and/or website. Note that the non-county operated properties section is not an exhaustive list, more can be found here.
Two-bedroom, single-story units on Alexander Street. Near Tri-Met bus and TV Highway. Each unit has a small, fenced yard. 503-693-6300
One to three-bedroom apartments in single and two-story buildings. Located near Pacific University and Tri-Met bus. 503-992-0444
One to three-bedroom apartments in two-story buildings. Located near TV Highway. Tri-met bus within 1/4 mile. 503-992-0444
Neighborhood Stabilization Program
Three single-family homes in Hillsboro are offered through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. When these units are vacant, they will be advertised in local publications.
One-bedroom apartments for elderly people with disabilities. Near TriMet bus. One story building. Rent based on income. 503-625-6555
Beyond the properties listed above, recent Housing Authority of Washington County developments in collaboration with private and non-profit developers or with other local government partners include:
- Alma Gardens - 503-213-1309
- The Orchards at Orenco - 503-403-1803
- Willow Creek Crossing - 503-530-6209
- Alongside Senior Apartments - 971-448-1896
- Terrace Glen - 971-846-3248
- The Fields - 971-708-3413
- Viewfinder - 971-708-3413
Visit the Housing Development page to learn more about the development program and properties.
- Spencer House - A housing complex that offers one, two, and three-bedroom units.503-644-4496
- Barcelona - 1-bedroom units. Residents pay rent based on income. Preference for extremely low-Income households. 971-217-7193
- Bridge Meadows - Bridge Meadows offers 1, 2, 3, and 4-bedroom units for elders (age 55+) and units for families. 503-953-1100
- Cedar Grove Apartments - Studio 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units. 503-992-6716
- Mary Ann – 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units. Residents pay rent based on income. Preference is given to Extremely Low-Income households. 971-348-4006
- Pomeroy Place - 2- and 3-bedroom units. Residents pay rent based on income. Preference is given to Extremely Low-Income households that include a US Military Veteran. 971-238-4280
- Maples I and II -This is a subsidized rental building for those who are age 62 or older.503-681-9099
- Alma Gardens - 1-bedroom apartments. Age 55+. Preference for extremely low-income households. 503-213-1309
- Orchards at Orenco I,II & III – 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments. Preference for extremely low-income households. 503-403-1803
- Greenburg Oaks - Family apartments. 503-639-6514
- Hawthorne Villa Apartments - Their units are studio, one bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. 503-639-8158
- Metzger Park - A 32-unit complex offering one, two, and three-bedroom units. 503-892-2340
- The Knoll at Tigard - One-bedroom units. Preference for +55 homeless needing veteran services. 503-718-7982
- Village at Washington Square - A 26-unit development providing workforce and family housing. 503-784-9575
- Red Rock Creek Commons - 1-bedroom units. Preferences given for households indicating need for mental health services. 503-875-5312
* Note: Move-in specials, rent specials, and other discounts may change at any time without notice.