Starting or improving service?
Contact your garbage and recycling company for containers. They will ensure your service meets minimum service standards. To find your garbage and recycling company, enter your address in our Garbage and Recycling Day tool.
Your containers must be labeled with stickers that provide clear, regionally consistent directions. In addition, stickers are color-coded: Blue for recycling, orange for glass, black for garbage. Starting July 1, 2022, containers provided by garbage and recycling companies will also adhere to this new color standard.
Make it easy.
- Maintain clear signage in your collection areas.
- Share recycling guidelines with new residents during move-in.
- Provide recycling education to all residents annually.
We’re here to help!
Order free educational materials for residents, stickers for garbage, recycling and glass bins, signs and posters for collection areas, and virtual presentations for your community.
We also offer technical assistance for property managers to help with hard to recycle items, hazardous waste, bulky waste and more. Request support today.
People in apartments face barriers to recycling. For example, they often have less recycling space per person than those living in single family homes. Plus, apartment garbage and recycling bins can be confusing, making good recycling practices more difficult.
Reducing these barriers minimizes contamination, which cost time and money to fix. Plus, you are meeting state and regional requirements while maximizing the services your garbage and recycling company is required to provide.
Stay in touch
Other resources for property managers
- SMOKEFREE Oregon: Resources to create smoke-free housing.
- Regional Water Providers Consortium: Learn more about conserving water on your property.
- What to Recycle and Where?: Find a drop-off recycling or donation center using our tool.
- Washington County Housing Services: Learn more about housing resources provided by Washington County.
- Energy Trust of Oregon: Learn more about conserving energy on your property.