Learn more about garbage and recycling in Oregon and Washington County with these informative reports and other documents.
Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Materials Management in Oregon: 2050 Vision and Framework for Action
- Our Shift from Solid Waste Management to Materials Management: Video discussing how DEQ changed the way they address waste
- Waste Composition Study: Analysis of what is in Oregon's landfill bound waste
- Material Recovery and Waste Generation Survey: Annual waste generation results for the State of Oregon
- Evaluation of Climate, Energy, and Soil Impacts of Selected Food Discards Management Systems: Report comparing different methods of managing food waste
- Oregon's Recycling Laws: Overview and history of recycling laws in Oregon
Metro Regional Government
- Regional Waste Plan: Metro plan that guides how the region reduces and handles waste
- Single-family recycling and waste composition study 2014-15: Metro study assessing the performance of the region's recycling programs
- Multifamily recycling research: Metro collaborative project focused on garbage and recycling in apartment buildings
- Solid waste administrative procedures, standards and guidance: Explanation and regulatory guidance for solid waste regulations
- Rules regulating solid waste collection in unincorporated Washington County:
- Washington County Code
Not finding something you are looking for? Please contact us at 503-846-3605 or [email protected].