Skip to main content

Complaints and Grievances

If you have concerns about your care, options are available for filing a complaint or grievance.

At times, you may have concerns about the services you or your loved one receives through the behavioral health system of care in Washington County. It is best to have the concern addressed at the lowest possible level. Talk to your treatment staff directly and express the concern. If this doesn’t work, or you don’t feel safe talking to the staff person, other options are available. Most providers welcome feedback and have a process for responding to concerns. You can call the agency directly and ask to file a complaint. You, or your representative, can also file a complaint with Washington County Behavioral Health.

Filing a complaint

Washington County accepts complaints and grievances in writing or by telephone at:

  • Washington County Quality Assurance
    5240 NE Elam Young Parkway, Suite 150
    Hillsboro, OR 97124
    503-846-4515 or toll free at 1-833-266-3845, TTY 771

Complaint forms are available below in English and Spanish.

If you are on the Oregon Health Plan, you may also file complaints with your Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) or the Oregon Health Authority (OHA): 

  • CareOregon: 503-416-4100
  • Trillium Health Plans: 1-877-600-5472
  • OHA, Health Systems Division: 503-945-5763


Our Complaints and Grievances Policy explains the process and provides more information.


If you do not agree with the outcome after your complaint has been resolved, you or your representative may appeal. Please call us at 503-846-4515 for more information.