The office interprets and implements board policies and direction. The County Administrator is appointed by the board to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization.
The County Administrator and Administrative Office staff:
- oversees county programs and projects;
- selects and evaluates the performance of appointed department leaders;
- performs analyses leading to the improvement of county services;
- prepares and administers the annual budget; and
- provides direct administrative and clerical support to the Board of County Commissioners.
Council-manager form of government
Our current charter provides for a Council-Manager form of government. The Charter gives the five-member Board of County Commissioners legislative responsibility. The Charter also designates administrative authority to a board-appointed, professional County Administrator.