A PUBLIC AUCTION IS SCHEDULED FOR:
December 14, 2022 at 10 a.m.
On December 14, 2022, pursuant to Oregon Revised Statute 275.110 et.seq., and order of the Board of Commissioners of Washington County dated November 1, 2022, Washington County will offer for sale to the highest bidder exceeding the minimum bid, at an oral public auction, certain parcels of real property that are surplus to County needs. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Bidders must be registered prior to the beginning of the auction at 10 a.m.
Required registration begins at 9 a.m. Auction will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
Washington Street Conference Center
102 SW Washington Street Hillsboro, 97124
You can see the properties on the auction list and information about each property by clicking on the link below. The County does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the available information. It is the prospective buyer's responsibility to research all factual and legal matters affecting the property before bidding on a property.
Auction list and property information
Washington Street Conference Center 102 SW Washington Street, Hillsboro, 97124
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Doors Open at 9:00 AM for Registration
Auction Begins at 10:00 AM
You must register before the auction begins in order to bid on a property. On the day of the auction, go to the registration table at the auction site and complete a Bidder Registration Form. To be eligible to bid, you must have in-hand the minimum required deposit for each parcel that you plan to bid on. County staff will verify that you have the minimum deposit, and then give you a numbered bid card. Only qualified bidders will receive a numbered bid card and will be eligible to participate in the auction. You must be registered before the auction begins at 10 am. No late registrations will be allowed.
Each property on the auction list will have a starting minimum bid.
If you are the winning bidder, a twenty percent (20%) deposit is required at the auction. If you do not complete the sale, the deposit will not be refunded. The balance of the purchase price is due at closing. The County will accept cash, cashier's check or certified funds for the deposit and the remaining payment due.
The Board of County Commissioners will offer for sale, to the highest and best bidder at public auction, certain parcels of surplus County Real property. Each auction has the following terms and conditions:
- The auction will be in-person.
- Unless otherwise shown, a twenty percent (20%) deposit will be required at the time of sale. If the buyer does not complete the sale, this deposit will not be refunded. The balance will be due at closing.
- The County will accept cash, cashier's check or certified funds for the deposit and the remaining payment due.
- The County will obtain a preliminary title report on each property, when possible, and will make the preliminary title report available prior to the sale.
- The County will convey property through a quitclaim deed unless noted otherwise.
- All sales shall be final, and refunds will not be made after an offer is accepted by the County.
- If the buyer does not complete payment within 30 days after notice from the County that closing papers are ready, the sale will be canceled, and the property will remain under the County's ownership. If the buyer does not complete the sale, the twenty percent (20%) deposit will not be refunded.
- The County will record all documents to convey title at closing. Fees for recording will be added to the purchase price of the property and paid by the buyer.
- Washington County reserves the right to remove any parcel or parcels from the sale for any reason up to the time of the auction.
- The Board of County Commissioners has the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
- Washington County will not warrant or defend the fee simple title to the listed properties as free of defects or encumbrances. All properties listed are subject to all easements, liens, conditions and restrictions of record. Washington County makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the existence of legal access or the ability to acquire permits for building, subsurface sewage, or any other development rights. All properties are sold "AS IS".
- Washington County will not furnish a survey or provide title insurance in any form. Dimensions identified on maps or in other information are approximate and may or may not represent the actual property boundaries. Prospective purchasers are advised to consult with legal counsel, a title insurance company, or others as appropriate prior to purchase.
Email notification list
Complete the form to be notified by email of future Washington County real property auctions. You will receive an email about 30 days before the auction.