Assessors approve all plats or changes in tax lot lines to assure that:
- All property taxes and other changes for the tax year in which the plat is recorded must be paid. Prior to issuing October tax bills, prepayment of an estimated taxes is required. ORS 92.095 and ORS 100.110
- The ownership on the plat must match ownership on the assessment roll. The property owners of record must sign the plat or consent to the platting of their property in writing.
- The legal description of the tax lots must match the boundary.
- All tracts must identify ownership and use.
This process assures that newly created tax lots do not have back tax obligations or defects in their legal description or ownership. The approval process takes about two weeks unless, unless problems, such as an ownership or boundary discrepancy, is discovered.
Plat check fee
The $153 plat check fee covers only one tax year (July 1-June 30.)
If the plat is recorded after June 30, the plat requirements must be met for the new tax year, requiring another payment. You can delay payment until after June 30 to avoid paying the fee twice, but then tax payments for the new year are required.
Between July 1 and early/mid-October, all taxes must be pre-paid for the current tax year. The estimated amount is based on current assessed value and the prior year's tax rate. Payment must be made in cash, cashier's check or money order.
The plat can then be recorded.
- Ownership, boundaries and condominium name approval
Address: Public Services Building, 155 N. First Ave., Hillsboro, OR, 97124, RM#230
- Tax payments
Contact: [email protected]
Address: Public Services Building, 155 N. First Ave., Hillsboro, OR, 97124, RM#130