The Washington County Board of Commissioners appointed three members to the Washington County Planning Commission and three members to the Rural Roads Operations & Maintenance Advisory Committee (RROMAC) at its Jan. 23 regular meeting.
The following members were chosen from a pool of seven applicants to serve four-year terms:
- Eric McClendon, Attorney, Oregon State Bar
- Felicita Monteblanco, Public Affairs Manager, health foundation
- Eric Peterson, Vice President, real estate development company
The nine-member Planning Commission advises the Board of Commissioners on land use matters including the adoption, revision or repeal of portions of the Washington County Comprehensive Plan. For some plan amendments, the Planning Commission makes the final land use decisions for the County. Planning Commission decisions may be appealed to the Board.
Rural Roads Operations & Maintenance Advisory Committee
The following members were appointed to serve additional four-year terms:
- Loren Behrman, Vice President Operations, Behrman Farms Inc.
- Marc Farrar, Consultant, Farrar Consulting Services LLC
- David McCoy, President, McCoy Family Nursery Inc.
The committee has one vacant position. Read more and apply
The nine-member RROMAC advises the Board of County Commissioners on road-related matters associated with the operations and maintenance of county roads that are outside the urban growth boundary.
Washington County is committed to broad community engagement and offers several appointed boards, committees and commissions which allow community members to participate in the decision-making process. Read about additional Board and Commission vacancies.