SW 209th Avenue is located east of the city of Hillsboro's new South Hillsboro development. Between Alexander Street and Kinnaman Road, 209th Avenue is a two-lane road with dedicated left-turn lanes on both the north and south sides, but no bike lanes.
Traffic is expected to increase as South Hillsboro continues to develop. We will be:
- Widening 209th Avenue to five lanes, two travel lanes in each direction and a protected center-turn lane.
- Improving the grade of the railroad crossing on 209th Avenue, south of Tualatin Valley Highway. Adding bike lanes
- Improving street lighting,
- Adding landscaping, sidewalks, signal and bus stop upgrades and drainage.
- The work will be done in coordination Cornelius Pass Road, 234th Avenue and 198th Avenue improvements.
Construction start: July 2022
Construction finish (expected): Fall 2024
Sign up to receive project updates and open house announcements.
10/24/2022: Construction is in progress. Visit wc-roads.com for traffic alerts.
Cost: $22.6 million (estimate)
Prior events and comment opportunities
Open house: June 13, 2019