You are not alone – 69% of Oregon tobacco users say they are ready to quit. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health and the health of your loved ones. Nobody says quitting is easy, but it IS possible. There are many resources to help you quit for good!
The Oregon Quit Line is a FREE program that helps you create an easy-to-follow quitting plan. It helps you get ready, take action, and then live the rest of your life as a non-smoker.
Phone numbers for Quit Line:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Spanish: 1-877-2NO-FUME (1-877-266-3863)
- TTY for hearing impaired: 1-877-777-6534
- This is Quitting - A text-based program designed for teens and young adults up to age 24. It also has support for those not yet ready to quit. Just text GOVAPELESS to 88709 to get started.
- Become an Ex- Create a quit plan and get text messages with support, tools and advice.
- Freedom from Smoking - Provided by the American Lung Assocation, an online or in-person quit program.
- Nicotine Anonymous - Nonprofit 12-step fellowship.
- American Lung Association - Help Line and Tobacco Quit Line.
- Smokefree.gov - Find support, tips, tools and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking.