24/7 Contact: To report a public health emergency, call 503-846-3594.
Public health works to protect individuals and communities against the spread of disease, injuries and environmental hazards while promoting and encouraging healthier lifestyles.
- Learn more about the Ten Essential Public Health Services.
- Go behind the scenes with Washington County Public Health by watching our brief video.
- Read our strategic plan.
Mission: Washington County Public Health works in partnership with our community to improve and protect the public's health and achieve health equity through prevention, regulation and education.
Vision: Healthy People, Thriving Communities
Our primary programs:
- Disease Control and Prevention (DCAP)
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health
- Health Equity, Planning and Policy (HEPP)
- Maternal Child & Family Program
- Medical Examiner Office
- Research, Analytics, Informatics and Data (RAID)
- Vital Records (birth and death records)
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Washington County Public Health Advisory Council (PHAC) is appointed by the Washington County Board of Commissioners to advise the Board of Commissioners in its role as the Board of Health for Washington County. The Washington County Public Health Advisory Council makes recommendations to the board and the Public Health division manager on matters relating to public health.