Gambling is recreation to most people. To some however, it can turn into an addiction. Gambling can be just as disruptive as alcohol or drug use.
Signs of problem gambling:
Are you or is someone you know experiencing these symptoms?
- Spending more and more time gambling
- Increasing gambling time and places
- Increasing bet sizes
- Creating special occasions for gambling (canceling other plans)
- Increasing intensity of interest in gambling (constant high tension/excitement)
- Gambling to escape problems or when there is a crisis
- “Chasing” losses with more gambling
- Boasting about winning and evasive about losing
- Exaggerated display of money and possessions
- Decreasing desire to engage in other activities and interests
- Frequent absences from school, work and home
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Diversion of funds earmarked for other purposes
Providers offer free, confidential and effective treatment for those who need help. Family members can also receive support. Schedule an appointment by calling one of the providers listed below.
971 SW Walnut St
Hillsboro OR 97124