You may renew your most recent U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card by mail if:
- Your passport was issued within the past 15 years; and
- You were 16 or older when your passport was issued; and
- You must submit your passport with the application and
- Your passport which you are renewing has not been damaged or reported lost or stolen; and
- You use the same name as on your most recent passport OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change.
If you don't meet all the requirements listed above, you can't use the DS-82. You must use the DS-11 and appear in person before an acceptance agent.
If you meet all the requirements, use renewal form DS-82 to apply by mail. Please follow mailing and payment instructions listed on the form.
The passport book renewal fee is $130.00. The passport card renewal fee is $30.00. Both fees are payable to the U.S. Dept. of State.
Routine processing is currently 10-13 weeks. Expedited processing is currently 7-9 weeks, and costs an additional $60.00.
If you have any questions about your eligibility to renew your passport by mail, visit the State Dept website.
Please note: our office does not process the DS-82 renewal form; it is a by-mail form only.
Assessment & Taxation phone number: 503-846-8741
Recorded passport information line: 503-846-3979
Department of Assessment & Taxation
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124