For travel in less than 14 days, you should make an appointment in Seattle.
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment for emergency passport service if:
- You have a serious illness, injury, or death in your immediate family.
- You need to travel outside the U.S. within 72 hours (3 days).
- You have proof of the emergency.
- You have proof of international travel specific to the emergency.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Time
- Outside of the hours listed above
Applying outside of the United States
If you live in Canada, you may be eligible to renew your passport by mail.
If you live in any other country besides Canada, you must apply in person at a U.S. embassy or consulate for all passport services.
VISAS are issued through the host country's consulate or embassy.
For further information, contact:
U.S. Department of State Passport Information and Forms
5th and Yesler Building
300 5th Ave, Ste 600
Seattle, WA 98104-2398
Hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Pacific time, Monday-Friday, excluding Federal holidays
Automated Appointment Number: 877-487-2778
National Passport Information Center
877-487-2778 (24-hour automated service)
Assessment & Taxation phone number: 503-846-8741
Recorded passport information line: 503-846-3979