Beginning June 20th, we will no longer be making passport appointments. All service will be drop-in, first come first served.
Washington County Department of Assessment and Taxation is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Services include:
- accepting applications for new passports
- renewing passports that aren’t eligible for renewal by mail
- expediting passport applications
We do not take passport photos.
We do not accept credit or debit cards.
We only accept the form DS-11.
Passport office hours
Open: 9:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday. Closed holidays.
No appointments, drop-ins only.
On heavy volume days, we may need to close our line earlier than 4:00 pm to accommodate our waiting customers. Afternoons and school holidays are frequently heavy volume times..
The office is located at 155 N. First Ave, Suite 130, Hillsboro, OR 97124.
You must appear before an authorized acceptance agent if:
- You have not been issued a U.S. passport within the last 15 years.
- You have never had a U.S. passport before.
- You were under the age of 16 when your current passport was issued.
- Your current passport was lost, stolen, or damaged.
All minor children must appear in person when applying.
Routine processing time is currently 7-10 weeks.
There are some situations when a passport may not be required. More details can be found on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website:
- CHILDREN: A U.S. citizen under age 16 arriving by land or by sea from Canada or Mexico may present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S.
- GROUPS OF CHILDREN: U.S. citizens under age 19 arriving by land or sea from Canada or Mexico who are traveling with an organized group, such as a school, church, or sports group, may present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S. The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:
- The name of the group and the supervising adult.
- A list of the children on the trip, along with their primary address, phone number, date of birth, and place of birth.
- The name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child.
- A signed statement from the supervising adult certifying that they have obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.
- CLOSED LOOP CRUISES: U.S. citizens may present government-issued photo ID along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S. if:
- You board a cruise ship at a port within the United States; and
- Travel only within the Western Hemisphere; and
- Return to the same U.S. port on the same ship.
You may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries you’re visiting. Contact your cruise line to verify which documents are required for your trip.
Recorded passport information line: 503-846-3979
Department of Assessment & Taxation
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124