Skip to main content


Hours of operation, contact information to make an appointment, and exceptions to needing a passport.

Washington County Department of Assessment and Taxation is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Services include:

  • accepting applications for new passports
  • renewing passports that aren’t eligible for renewal by mail
  • expediting passport applications

We do not take passport photos.

We only accept the form DS-11.

Passport office hours

Open: 9:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday
Appointments only, no walk-ins.  Call 503-846-8741 to schedule an appointment.

The office is located at 155 N. First Ave, Suite 130, Hillsboro, OR  97124.

Passport information

You must appear before an authorized acceptance agent if:

  • You have not been issued a U.S. passport within the last 15 years.
  • You have never had a U.S. passport before.
  • You were under the age of 16 when your current passport was issued.

All minor children must appear in person when applying.

Routine processing time is currently 10-13 weeks.

There are some situations when a passport may not be required. More details can be found on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website:                

  1. CHILDREN: A U.S. citizen under age 16 arriving by land or by sea from Canada or Mexico may present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S.
  2. GROUPS OF CHILDREN: U.S. citizens under age 19 arriving by land or sea from Canada or Mexico who are traveling with an organized group, such as a school, church, or sports group, may present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S.  The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:
    • The name of the group and the supervising adult.
    • A list of the children on the trip, along with their primary address, phone number, date of birth, and place of birth.
    • The name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child.
    • A signed statement from the supervising adult certifying that they have obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.
  3. CLOSED LOOP CRUISES: U.S. citizens may present government-issued photo ID along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate, to enter the U.S. if:
    • You board a cruise ship at a port within the United States; and
    • Travel only within the Western Hemisphere; and
    • Return to the same U.S. port on the same ship.

You may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries you’re visiting. Contact your cruise line to verify which documents are required for your trip.

Contact information

Phone: 503-846-8741

Recorded passport information line: 503-846-3979


Department of Assessment & Taxation

155 N First Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124