We are committed to addressing past and ongoing harm and obstacles certain communities face within our government systems. To learn more, read our Equity Resolution.
What is equity?
Equity results from fairness and justice in public policy. We believe equity will exist when everyone in Washington County can:
- Participate fully in economic vitality
- Access services and resources
- Reach their full potential
What is inclusion?
Inclusion is welcoming and supporting the active engagement and participation of diverse people in Washington County’s decision-making processes and outcomes.
Our Equity Goal
Our equity and inclusion goal is to involve all who live in Washington County – particularly people living with lower incomes; people living with disabilities; Hispanic/Latinx, Pacific Islander, African, Black, Indigenous, Asian and other people of color; and people who do not speak English as their primary language – in this public process.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Action Plan (2021)
- Equity in Roadway Safety Federal Highway Administration
- Climate and Economic Justice Screening Tool (2021) Council on Environmental Quality
- Community Engagement Spectrum Washington County
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Compliance Plan (2021) Washington County
- Leading with Race Report (2019)
- Metro Equity Focus Areas mapping
- Regional Equity Atlas mapping
- TriMet Equity Focus Area mapping
- US DOT Transportation Disadvantaged Census Tract mapping