Skip to main content

Security Interest Holder

Requirements for adding or removing a security interest holder from a manufactured home title.

Requirements for Adding or Releasing a Secured Party:

  • Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes (form 2952) signed by:
    • the owners
    • the secured lender of record
  • Taxes paid in full at time of transfer. This includes an advance demand, if applicable.
  • Valid Tax Certification. You get this form from the county in which the home is located. It certifies that all taxes on the account are paid in full.
  • Original DMV title or ownership document.
  • Secured lender signature releasing interest, if applicable, on one of the following:
  • If you’re adding a new lender, we’ll require the Security Interest Change (form 2948). This needs to be signed by both the owner and the new secured interest holder.
  • $71.00 cash, check, or money order payable to Washington County. This amount includes the tax certification fee ($16.00) and ownership document fee ($55.00).

Ownership can’t be changed with the Security Interest Change form. However, mailing address and home characteristics can be updated at this time. We will verify all details with the information provided on form 2952.

For forms and further information, contact us, or visit the Building Codes Division website, or view the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Transaction Guide.

The required documents and fees can be mailed to our office or presented in person.


Department of Assessment & Taxation

155 N First Avenue
Suite 130, MS 9
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124

Hours and directions

View all county locations