This page is intended for school and daycare administrators, employers and long-term care facility operators. We also include a few resources for families, employees and caregivers. If you can't find what you need, please email us or call 503-846-3594.
Schools and daycare providers
K-12 School administration and staff
- ODE/OHA Communicable Disease Guidance for Schools
- Symptom-Based Exclusion Guidelines, pages 10-11
- Sample letter and exclusion guidance (simplified) for parents, pages 12-13
- Specific disease guidance starts on page 14
- COVID Testing Programs for K-12 (Oregon Health Authority) - Ends July 31, 2023
- Early Learning Division COVID-19 Resources
- Rules for Certified Child Care Centers
- Information on illness and injury including symptom based guidance for when a child should be kept home or sent home, page 132
- Rules for Certified Family Child Care Homes
- Information on illness and injury, page 107
- Rules for Registered Family Homes
- Information on illness and injury, page 28
- CDC School & Childcare Programs: For Parents & Caregivers
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccines for Children & Teens
- School guidance for families is available on each district’s website. Find your local school district's website.
- If you have concerns about your workplace, including COVID-19 health and safety issues, you can file a complaint on OSHA's website.
Long-Term Care facilities, adult foster homes and caregivers
Group Living Facilities
- This includes skilled nursing, assisted living, adult foster homes, residential care and other congregate settings.
- All group living facilities need to report all positive and pending COVID-19 cases to Washington County Public Health by email or by calling 503-846-3594.
- COVID-19 information for long-term care facilities by Oregon DHS: English/Spanish
- How long-term care staff can protect themselves from COVID-19 outside of work, so they don't bring the virus into a long-term care setting. English/Spanish
In addition to reporting to Washington County Public Health:
- Long-Term Care Facilities should also report cases to DHS by contacting the facility’s assigned policy analyst or by reporting to the general DHS email.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities should also report cases by email.
- Adult Foster Homes should also report cases to both of these email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
- If licensed by Oregon Health Authority-Mental Health in Washington County, email [email protected].