Skip to main content

Economic Support and Resources

This page includes resources to help with housing, paying utilities, buying food, unemployment and medical assistance.

HEALTH WARNING: WanaBana apple cinnamon fruit puree pouches may contain lead

October 28, 2023: The FDA advises parents and caregivers not to buy or feed WanaBana apple cinnamon fruit puree pouches to children because the product may contain elevated lead levels. There is no safe level of lead in the blood for children, and even low levels can have lifelong health impacts, including damage to the nervous system and learning, hearing and speech problems. Parents and caregivers of toddlers and young children who may have consumed the product should contact their child’s health care provider about getting a blood test. Read the FDA's alert for more information.

MORE free COVID tests from federal government

Stock up for winter! As of November 20, every home in the U.S. is eligible to order an additional four free at-⁠home COVID tests. If you didn't order tests earlier this fall, you can place two orders for a total of eight tests. Order yours today

Community Action has developed these flyers in several languages with information about to access food assistance, childcare, financial and career education, health insurance, and many other resources.

How do I get help with my rent or mortgage?  

Rent Support 

  • Community Action - Call 503-615-0770 to request assistance. Be prepared for long hold times as they are receiving a high numbers of calls. 
  • St. Vincent de Paul (For Hillsboro, North Plains and Cornelius families) (en español)  

Mortgage Support

Immediately call your mortgage lender or loan servicer to discuss your options. These resources may also provide information: 

How can I get help if I am homeless or at risk of becoming homeless? 

How do I get help paying for utilities?  

How can I get food assistance?  

I recently became unemployed. Do I qualify for unemployment? How do I apply? Is there other assistance available?  

What medical support is available? 

Additional Resources

Back to top