Skip to main content

Traffic Engineering Permits

Traffic Engineering issues permits for planned events that impact the normal flow of traffic on the Washington County road system.

Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal to apply for temporary road closure permits, traffic signal shutdown permits and more.

First-time users must register for an account. Watch the "How to Register" video to see the process. Once an account is created, users can:

  • Apply for Temporary Road Closure permits: This permit is required to temporarily close any County road for up to 30 days. Applications must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the closure.
  • Apply for Traffic Signal Shutdown permits: This permit requires a traffic control plan. Complete applications must be submitted at least five business days prior to the shutdown.
  • Track the status of an application
  • View the results of an application
  • Search for a permit. View "How to Search" video to see how.

Contact [email protected] with any questions or call 503-846-7950.

NOTE: Event Permits are handled by Road Maintenance.