Domestic Partnership conditions and requirements
- Oregon state law only allows a Domestic Partnership for same-sex couples.
- You do not need to be residents of Washington County, but at least one of you must be an Oregon resident.
- You both must be at least 18 years old.
- Your signatures on the form must be notarized. We do not notarize documents.
- There is no waiting period.
- There are no exceptions, waivers, or refunds to the registration fee.
What do I need to register a Domestic Partnership?
- Your birthplace & name at birth
- The name you will be using after the registration takes place
- The fee is $60.00. We accept cash, checks, money order, and debit/credit cards. Debit/credit cards will be charged an additional fee of 2.45% (minimum $1.50).
Register a Domestic Partnership
- Print the registration form
- Mail or deliver the notarized form to our office, along with the fee.
- On approval, your registration will be returned within 3 working days of receipt.
You may request a certified copy in writing or by phone. Certified copies are $7.75 each.
Washington County Recording Office
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124