How to record a document
- Provide a legible original document.
- The first page must have a 3-inch x 3-inch space in the top right-hand corner for recording information. If there's not enough space you will be charged an extra page fee of $5.00.
- You can bring your document to our office or mail it with the appropriate fee included. Please contact us to verify the amount.
- A typical recording fee is $81.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page. Special cases may have different fees.
- All recording fees are required to be paid at the time of recording.
- We accept cash, checks, money order, debit & most credit cards.
- Debit & credit cards will be processed with an additional fee of 2.45% (minimum $1.50).
Per ORS 93.804, as of January 1, 2020 the Washington County Recording office will accept electronic signatures & notaries on documents submitted for recording. By submitting documents with electronic signatures for recording, you are certifying that the document contains the original signatures.
Washington County Recording Office
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124