We will widen Walker Road between 173rd and 185th avenues to five lanes, two vehicle travel lanes and center turn lane, with bike lanes and sidewalks.
Other improvements include:
- Replacing the culvert at Willow Creek
- Building a traffic signal at 178th Avenue/Cambray Street
- Upgrading storm drainage
- Improving street lighting
- Installing some sound walls
- Installing landscaping
This is the third phase of capacity improvements to Walker Road.
Construction start (expected): Fall 2023
Construction finish (expected): Summer 2025
Sign up to receive project updates by email
1/4/2023: We are still in the permitting and right-of-way acquisition process.
Cost: $10.5 million (2017 estimate)
- Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP)
- Utility reimbursements
Prior events and comment opportunities
Online open house: Nov. 30-Dec. 13, 2020
Updated design map: June 3, 2020
Open house: Aug. 8, 2018
Capital Project Services