Our goal with this page is to make it easier for school social workers and those who work at youth-serving organizations to assist children, youth and their families access mental health resources in Washington County.
- If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
- 24/7 Crisis Line: If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental or behavioral health crisis, call the Washington County Crisis Line at 503-291-9111.
- Crisis Line staff can connect you with the Hawthorn Walk-In Center:
- 5240 NE Elam Young Parkway, Suite 100 in Hillsboro next to the Hawthorn Farm MAX stop.
- Services are provided at no cost to the individual regardless of insurance.
Accessing mental health resources and navigating insurance
The best way to find available mental health treatment services is by contacting the insurance agency specific to the youth and family. Listed below are some general state and private insurances: On the back of each insurance card is a customer service phone number if you need additional help understanding plan coverage.
State Medicaid Insurance:
Oregon Health Plan 800-273-0557
Care Oregon 503-416-4100
Trillium Community Health Plan 877-600-5472
Yamhill Community Care 855-722-8205
To access behavioral and mental health care coordination through Oregon Health Plan and private insurance, call the youth’s insurance and request to speak with an exceptional needs care coordinator. They will help you and the family navigate additional supports.
Intensive care coordinators (ICC) assist individuals on OHP experiencing a higher level of behavioral health needs. We have English and Spanish speaking care coordinators who serve both youth and adults.
Wraparound is a team-based planning process that supports youth on OHP who experience complex behavioral health needs. Wraparound has English and Spanish speaking care coordinators and supports youth and their families.