Skip to main content

Turn Yourself In

Explains the process for turning yourself in to the Corrections Center.

How do I serve a sentence or sanction at the Washington County Community Corrections Center (WCCCC)?

If you are ordered by the court to turn yourself in (meaning your court paperwork specifically says to report to the WCCCC), bring your paperwork to the WCCCC as soon as you can. Give the paperwork to the front desk staff to reserve a bed for you. You will be asked to fill out a paper intake form when you arrive at the WCCCC. You will get information about what you are allowed to bring with you when you come back for the start of your custody stay at the center.

If you are sanctioned, please check with your Probation Officer that the WCCCC has your paperwork and that a bed is reserved for you before you come to the WCCCC.

If your court paperwork says you are approved for all alternative sanctioning, or approved for the WCCCC but are sentenced to the Washington County Jail (WCJ), you will need report to the WCJ. You will be put on an eligibility list. Once a bed is available at the WCCCC, you will be transferred from the WCJ to the WCCCC by the eligibility list. The WCJ oversees the eligibility list.

How do I report for a sentence or sanction?

Report to (go to) the WCCCC on the date and time your sentence or sanction order says. It is important that you arrive on time as it tells you to do. Come to the WCCCC lobby, and tell staff you are reporting for your sentence or sanction. Please bring a copy of your court or sanction paperwork that directs you to report to the WCCCC.

What are the requirements to be a Transitional Lodger (TL)?

To be a Transitional Lodger (TL), you must be on supervision in Washington County and your Parole or Probation Officer will reserve a bed for you based on who has the most need to be a TL. There is often a waiting list for TL beds at the WCCCC. The Center Manager must approve any exceptions to the waiting list.