Skip to main content

Information and Referral

Information and referral specialists can help you understand the programs and services that are available in Washington County. They also provide information about how to access these supports.

The Disability, Aging, and Veteran Services office is designated as the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) for Washington County and specializes in resources for:

  • older adults
  • adults with disabilities
  • veterans
  • family members and caregivers

NOTE: There may be specific eligibility requirements for some programs.

Common questions the ADRC can help with:

  • How do I plan for long term care for myself, my parents, or a friend?
  • How do I access financial assistance programs to help with my rent, utilities, or prescriptions?
  • Who can help me with accessibility modifications or repairs to my home such as building a ramp, installing grab bars, or faulty plumbing?
  • What kind of affordable housing options are available?
  • How do I apply for public benefits such as SNAP (formerly food stamps), Medicaid programs, or Medicare savings programs?
  • What kind of employment assistance is available to me as an older adult?
  • I am a veteran, how do I apply for disability compensation or a pension or learn about other VA benefits?
  • Are there services to help support me with personal care in my home so that I remain independent?
  • I am a family caregiver supporting a loved one and am exhausted and overwhelmed, is there anything to help me?
  • What kind of transportation is available to help me get to medical appointments, shopping, and recreation?
  • Where can I find information about finding senior housing like an assisted living facility or adult foster care home?
  • How can I change my Medicare plan or understand my benefits?

To speak with someone about your individual situation, please call your local ADRC at 1-855-673-2372 or check out the Aging and Disability Resource Connection to search for local programs and services.

Back to top