Open Enrollment is October 15 through December 7
Do you have questions about what plan is right for you in 2024? Do you need assistance with changing your Prescription Drug Plan or your Advantage Plan?
Trained and certified Medicare counselors with the SHIBA program can help. They will answer your questions and help you weigh your options so you can choose the right plan for you.
Call 503-846-3094 to schedule your appointment.
Medicare assistance available throughout the year
Get free and neutral Medicare help with trained and certified Medicare counselors with the SHIBA program. They will answer your questions and help you weigh your options so you can choose the right plan for you.
Medicare help is provided in Washington County by trained volunteers in the Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) program. The counselors are highly trained and offer FREE Medicare counseling.
SHIBA counselors can assist you in the following ways:
- If you have questions about your current Medicare insurance
- If you need help understanding Medicare
- If you need help choosing a new health plan for the next year
- If you have questions about your Medicare billing
SHIBA counselors can be reached by calling 503-846-3094. Please leave a brief message with your name, phone number, city you live in and if you would prefer help in a language other than English. Our counselors use interpreters so we can serve you in your native language.
- DAVS Office, 5240 NE Elam Young Pkwy, Suite 300, Hillsboro
Monday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Tuesday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Thursday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (Call 503-846-3094 to schedule an appointment)
- Elsie Stuhr Center, 5550 SW Hall Blvd., Beaverton
Third Wednesday of the month, 12-2 p.m. (Walk in)
- Hillsboro Senior Center, 750 SE 8th Ave., Hillsboro
Second Wednesday of the month, 12-2 p.m. (Walk in)
- Juanita Pohl Center, 8513 SW Tualatin Rd., Tualatin
First Friday of the month, 12:30-2:30 p.m. (Walk in)
- Marjorie Stewart Sr. Community Center, 21907 SW Sherwood Blvd., Sherwood
Second Wednesday of the month, 12-3 p.m. (Walk in)
The Oregon State SHIBA network has several virtual Medicare classes available in the coming months which are posted on their classes web page. Classes are held at various dates and times to accommodate schedules. Additional classes will be posted as they become available, so please check back often for new offerings.