Additional legal information can be found on Oregon Law Help.
Oregon Law Center (OLC)
The Oregon Law Center (OLC) provides free legal help on a variety of issues for low-income residents of Washington, Columbia, Clatsop, Tillamook, and Yamhill counties.
The local legal aid office is located at 230 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite F, in Hillsboro. The main number to call for assistance or information is 503-640-4115. Additional regional offices are located in St. Helens and McMinnville. The Oregon Public Benefits Hotline is also available Monday-Thursday statewide to assist with state and federal benefits at 1-800-520-5292.
Types of OLC legal aid cases can include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare access, benefits, or denial of procedures
- Long-term care services or benefits
- Nutrition access, including issues with SNAP benefits
- Housing issues, eviction, landlord-tenant concerns
- Protective services orders, domestic violence, elder abuse/fraud cases
- Age discrimination
The Oregon Law Center does NOT provide assistance with:
- Wills and estate planning
- Medical malpractice
- Criminal or traffic matters
- Damages only cases (suing for money only)
- Immigration matters
Commons Law Center
The Commons Law Center is a non-profit law firm providing affordable legal help in the areas of family law and estate planning. Income requirements apply and services are offered on a sliding scale. The office is located at 810 NW Marshall St, #300, in Portland. A free 15-minute consultation can be scheduled online or by calling or texting 503-850-0811.
Some services include:
- Creating wills and trusts
- Healthcare directives and planning, powers of attorney
- Divorce and child support/custody issues
St. Andrew Legal Clinic
The St. Andrew Legal Clinic provides legal assistance to low-income individuals with family law issues. The Washington county office is located at 232 NE Lincoln St, Suite H, in Hillsboro. Initial consultations are available for a small fee and can be scheduled online or by calling 503-648-1600.
Some services include:
- Guardianship assistance for those seeking to serve as guardians of minor children or adults who need protection
- Domestic violence protection
- Divorce, spousal or child support, custody issues
For additional information and referral assistance please contact the local Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at 1-855-673-2372.