Ride Connection is a private nonprofit organization that provides affordable, accessible transportation. Services in Washington County include:
Door-to-Door Rides are provided from your door to the door of your destination. Rides can be used for any purpose including medical, meals, shopping, recreation, and volunteering or work. To register or ask about availability, call 503-226-0700.
Community Connectors provide free buses open to the public that run on a route and schedule in the following areas:
- GroveLink in Forest Grove and Cornelius
- King City RideAbout mainly to housing and grocery destinations
- North Hillsboro Link with frequent stops at Orenco Station
- Tualatin Shuttle connecting commuters to the Tualatin WES Commuter Rail Station
- WestLink connects Forest Grove, Banks, North Plains, and the Hillsboro Transit Center
- The WAVE is part of Tillamook County’s service between Tillamook and Portland; fare is free between Banks/North Plains and Portland via Ride Connection
RideWise Travel Training Program helps participants learn how to independently use local public transit systems. Information is available by phone, group trips and individual training.
TriMet is the public transportation system serving Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties. It includes bus lines, the MAX Light Rail, and WES Commuter Rail. The following programs are available to support older adults and those living with disabilities:
LIFT Paratransit is a shared-ride service for people who are unable to use regular buses and trains due to a disability or disabling health condition. An application is required to determine eligibility and can be requested at 503-962-8000 option #2 or printed online.
TriMet Accessibility offers information about accessibility features for riders with mobility, vision or hearing impairments. Also learn about reduced fares for older adults and adults with disabilities.