Welcome to Washington County Animal Services!
VISION STATEMENT: A county that supports the health, well-being and safety of people and animals through education, compassion and respect.
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide a safe haven for animals in transition, protect animals from harm, and provide tools to the residents of our county to live safely, responsibly and respectfully with animals.
- License Your Dog
- Pet Lost & Found
- Bringing an Animal to the Shelter
- Dog License Lookup
- Volunteer Ambassador Program
Washington County Animal Services, located at the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter in Hillsboro, Oregon offers resources and services that help our community live safely and happily with pets.
What we do:
- Care for stray animals and help lost pets get back home
- Transfer adoptable animals to community partners to find new homes
- License dogs
- Investigate animal abuse and neglect
- Protect the community from dangerous animals
- Offer resources and educate the community on how to best live with pets
- Provide an opportunity for residents to help us share information about our services with the community through our Volunteer Ambassador Program
We are proud to be founding members of the Animal Shelter Alliance of Portland (ASAP) Coalition and to work with organizations across the Portland metro region to care for both the people and pets in our community.
Did you know?
Washington County is the second largest county in Oregon with a population of over 600,000 people. We provide services for an estimated 145,000 dogs and 115,000 cats and their owners in an area that encompasses 727 square miles.
If you have questions about monkeypox and pets, please visit the CDC's Pets in the Home page.
Washington County Animal Services Location
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123