Skip to main content

Community Service

Explanation of how to complete community service hours and pay fees.

Community service is ordered as an alternative to a fine or jail sentence for people on formal or bench probation, and is completed on road crew or at a non-profit organization. Failure to complete community service is considered a violation of probation and may result in a hearing or warrant.

If you would like a list of approved non-profits, please contact [email protected] or 503-846-3730.

How to start your community service work

If you have been placed on bench probation you must contact Washington County Community Corrections to sign up for a group intake to get a referral.

If you have been placed on formal probation, your probation officer will help you schedule your orientation.

A $40 fee is required for all cases and can be paid in person, by mail, or online.

In person orientation is available. Please sign up at the front desk via phone or in person.  A self-guided orientation is also available.

Linked below are the required Community Service orientation forms. These are also available at Probation and Parole (address below). Please complete the documents and email, mail, or drop off at Probation and Parole. The Community Service fee of $40 can be paid in person or a check or money order can be mailed to the address below.

Please read the documents carefully as failure to follow the procedures could result in hours worked not qualifying. Any questions can be directed via phone or email to the Community Service office.

Washington County Community Corrections
Probation & Parole
150 N. First Avenue, Ste 200, MS 46
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Office: 503-846-3730
Fax: 503-846-3044
[email protected]

Community Service FAQs (PDF 75.5 KB)
Work Crew Map (PDF 5.7 MB)
Back to top