Skip to main content

Probation and Parole Supervision FAQ

FAQ’s of probation and parole supervision. Prefer to only list questions, and clicking on question will expand/collapse the answers


Contact information is updated on their website:

The Social Security Administration website provides information on how to obtain a new or replacement card.

Anyone on supervision is required to get written permission to leave the state. Failure to get permission prior to leaving the state will be considered a violation of supervision. It’s important to plan ahead and request a travel permit several days before you plan to travel as the request can take time to process. To get a travel permit for vacation you must be in compliance with supervision.
You can request a travel permit directly with your Probation Officer, or submit a request here

Information on how to get Oregon identification can be found on DMV’s website. Your Probation Officer may be able to provide verification of your social security number and address.

Court fines and fees can be paid in person, by phone, or by mail, and should be paid in the county of conviction.
• In person: Cashiers can accept cash, checks or money orders, payable to the State of Oregon. Mastercard, Visa, and debit cards with Visa logo are accepted.
• Telephone: Credit card only. Call 503-846-8888 and follow the instructions. Note that restitution and compensatory fines cannot be accepted by phone.
• Mail: Send payments to:
Washington County Circuit Court
Attn: Court Accounting
150 N First Ave
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124

If you are being supervised in Washington County and move to another county you may be able to have your supervision transferred. Remember that conditions of supervision require you to get prior approval from your probation officer to change residence. There is no guarantee the transfer will be approved. The probation officer in the proposed county will investigate your residence to determine if it is appropriate. The proposed county must agree before you will be allowed to transfer.

Your probation officer will be able to answer your questions and help you through the process. Be sure to talk with your officer before you move.

If you’re in need of housing, you’re encouraged to talk to your probation officer. Officers are aware of community resources and may know where you can get help. You can also call the following for assistance:

-- 211 Information and Referral (simply dial 2 1 1)
-- Washington County Family Shelter Network (available 24 hours a day) 503-640-3263

See also:
211 Information and Referral

When this condition is imposed, it means you cannot have any contact whatsoever with the listed person. That means no person-to-person contact, no telephone contact which includes leaving messages, no texting, e-mailing or letter writing. You are also not allowed to contact the person through a third-party, such as a friend or relative. The no-contact condition is strictly enforced. If there are any questions regarding this condition, please talk it over with your Parole/Probation Officer.

Bench probation, also called "court probation" is an unsupervised probation. This means you do not have to report to a Parole/Probation Officer. When you are on bench probation, all special conditions, including the payment of court fees, need to be completed no later than 90 days prior to the end of the probation period.

VERY IMPORTANT! When you are on bench probation, it is essential that you notify the Court of any change of address. That way, if the Court needs to contact you, there will be no problems. However, if the Court does not have your current address, a warrant could be issued for your arrest.

Parole and post-prison supervision the community supervision that follows a period of incarceration in a state prison. Post-prison supervision and parole are often used synonymously, but post-prison supervision is the correct term. In either case, a Probation Officer monitors conditions imposed by the Oregon Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision. One may also be placed on post-prison supervision following revocation of felony probation and a period of incarceration in a local jail.

If you have been convicted of a domestic violence crime you will first be required to complete at least twelve weeks of treatment and have the recommendation of your treatment provider and probation officer.

If your conviction is not domestic violence related the requirements may differ. You should discuss the requirements with your probation officer.

If you violate the conditions of your supervision, or are convicted of a re-assault against your victim, you will not be granted permission for contact in the foreseeable future.