Public Health Week 2023
National Public Health Week took place April 3-9, 2023. Washington County Public Health hosted a luncheon geared especially toward community partners on Friday, April 7. Thank you to all who attended.
On April 4, the Washington County Board of Commissioners proclaimed April 3-9 as National Public Health Week in Washington County. The proclamation was read by Dr. Folu Adeniyi, our brand new and first deputy manager for Public Health. With 20 years' experience as a physician and public health administrator, she is a collaborative leader who values trust, empathy and authentic relationships – essential characteristics that make her the right person to help lead the division.
Past Public Health Week Award Honorees
- 2022: Medical Reserve Corps, Public Health Institute, Araceli Acosta with Beaverton City Library, Neighborhood Health Center, Providence Infectious Disease Consultants
- 2021: Naomi Hunsaker, Erin Parrish and Amy Manchester Harris; Dacia and Matt Graber; Adelante Mujeres Chicas Program; Sonrise Church
- 2020: No awards due to pandemic response
- 2019: Ruth Zuniga, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District, Planned Parenthood Beaverton Teen Council, Andy Cartmill (Facebook album)
- 2018: Lisa Allen; Hillsboro Water Department, Banks High School Fire Science Students; Annette Evans (Facebook album)
- 2017: Sexton Mountain Walking School Bus Program; Rachel French and Neighborhood Health Center; Jared Kawatani; Erin Jolly (Facebook album)
- 2016: Rachel Parker; Fran Jensen and Nancy Winston; Century High School Student Health Advisory Council; Cynthia Valdivia (Facebook album)
- 2015: Herb Lommen, Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District and FamilyCare, Inc., Rebels for a Cause, Adam Knapp (Facebook album)
- 2014: Kaely Summers, Sonrise Church, Sierra Studnick, Sue Omel (Facebook album)
- 2013: Michelle Rodriguez; Tigard Turns the Tide
- 2012: Paul Hudak; Community Action Early Head Start and Coffee Creek Correctional Facility
- 2011: Marilyn Hickman, RN, BSN, BC; Providence Infections Disease Consultants
- 2010: Michelle Brady, RN, BSN; Adelante Mujeres, Adelante Agricultura
- 2009: Lisa Vincent; Community Action Organization, Opening Doors
- 2008: Loaves and Fishes Centers
- 2007: Susan Greathouse, RD/LD, MPH, IBCLC; Essential Health Clinic
- 2006: Jan Larsen, RN, BSN; TriMet
- 2005: Roberto Varona; Pacific University School of Physician Assistant Studies
- 2004: Lorene Piontkowski, RN; Forest Grove Family Resource Center
- 2003: Helen Emmons, RN; ¡Salud!
Check out our video for a look behind the scenes at Washington County Public Health.