Find information on where curbside collection of batteries is available and preparation guidelines for recycling household batteries. You can include household batteries in your glass bin if you live in unincorporated Washington County, Banks, Durham, Hillsboro, King City, North Plains, Sherwood and Tigard.
Battery recycling is not available in apartments.
- Alkaline batteries
- 6-volt batteries
- 9-volt batteries
- Button cell batteries
- Rechargeable batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Laptop and cell phone batteries
Batteries not accepted
- Batteries that do not fit in the 1-quart bag
- Battery back-up (UPS) units
- Lead-acid batteries (ex. vehicle batteries)
Prepare batteries for collection
- Tape ends of all batteries except alkaline.
- Place batteries in a 1-quart, zip-sealed clear plastic bag.
- Set the clear, zip sealed bag of batteries on top of any glass in your glass bin. Limit of a single 1-quart bag per pickup.