Skip to main content

Mobile Food Unit

Forms, applications, licensing and fee information for operating a mobile food unit.

The Environmental Health program issues licenses, conducts inspections, investigates foodborne illness and other complaints, and provides consultations for mobile food units operating in Washington County. By definition, mobile food units are food service businesses that operate from any vehicle that is self-propelled, or can be pulled or pushed down a sidewalk, street, highway or waterway, on which food is prepared, processed or converted, or which is used in selling and dispensing food to the end consumer.

Mobile food units must operate from a licensed restaurant, commissary or warehouse unless it has a very limited menu and adequate equipment and utensils to operate without a base to support food service activities. A warehouse may only be used to store prepackaged goods.

For more information about the food code, visit the Food Code Adoption page.

Online Services

Sign up or log in to pay your license fee online, or file a complaint against a licensed facility.

Forms and Applications

Plan Review Forms

New or remodeled mobile food units are required to submit plans for review and approval prior to licensing.

General Information


Your opinion matters. Please take a few minutes to let us know how we did so we can continue to improve our service.


Health and Human Services

155 N First Avenue
Suite 170
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124

Hours and directions

View all county locations