Washington County Public Health staff partners with child care facilities, offering tools and information to help them succeed in their child care business while protecting the health of the children.
We are committed to communicating well and often with child care providers and conducting timely and thorough sanitation inspections. Our staff are provided with ongoing training opportunities to make sure they are up to date on the most current sanitation practices.
Child care facility operators can download Safe'N'Sound (Seguros y Sanos, 安然无恙, Целый и невредимый), a resource guide with child care health and safety tips. We also offer Keep Me Home If (Déjame en Casa Si), which covers which symptoms require a child to stay home.
Contact Washington County Environmental Health at 503-846-8722 with any questions.
- Dirty Dozen Playground Hazards
- Outdoor Playground Home Safety Handbook
- Public Playground Safety Handbook
- Cots, Cribs & Sleeping Mats
- Diapering and Toileting
- What is Diarrhea? (¿Qué es la diarrea?)
- Storage and Handling of Bottles
- Toy and Surface Sanitizing
- Water Tables
- Storage and Serving of Older Children's Meals
- Norovirus and Flu Information (Español)
- Exclusion Guidelines for Schools and Child Care Settings (Español)
Forms and Applications
Health and Human Services
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124