Saltzman Road is a two-lane urban collector serving a rapidly-growing community. The road has narrow lanes and a sharp turn, without adequate bike and pedestrian facilities. We will build a bridge to connect Saltzman Road, between Bayonne Lane and Laidlaw Road, at 130th Avenue. The bridge will be three lanes (one travel lane in each direction with a center turn lane) with bike lanes and sidewalks.
Other improvements include:
- Street lighting
- Stormwater drainage
The Saltzman Road Project Advisory Committee was created to help decision-makers understand the community's preference for one two proposed alignment alternatives for the Saltzman Road (Laidlaw Road to Bayonne Lane) Project.
Design start: August 2022
Construction start (pending construction funding): Fall 2024
Construction finish (pending construction funding): Fall 2025
1/19/2022: We are continuing project design. Additional funding is needed for construction.
Cost: $19.5 million (2022 estimate)
Amount allocated: $6.5 million
- Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP)
- Bonny Slope West Transportation Development Charge
Prior events and comment opportunities
Saltzman Road Project Advisor Committee (PAC)
The Saltzman Road PAC was formed to help decision-makers understand the community's preference for one of the two proposed alignment alternatives for the Saltzman Road Project.
Meetings, agendas and minutes
Dec. 16, 2021, virtual meeting
Feb. 18, 2021, virtual meeting
Jan. 11, 2021, CPO 7 Meeting: Planning for Saltzman Road Improvements
Nov. 4, 2020, virtual meeting
Oct. 22, 2020, virtual meeting
Sept. 23, 2020, virtual meeting
Aug. 26, 2020, virtual meeting
- Suresh Bala: Bauer Highlands Homeowners Association
- Bruce Barbarasch: Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreation District
- Virginia Bruce: CPO 1
- Mary Manseau: CPO 7
- Trace Richard: Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue
- Christopher Temple-Morris: Findley Elementary School
- Mariana Valenzuela: Centro Cultural
- Asif Rahman: Bethany Neighborhood Coalition