Your tax-deductible donation will improve the lives of animals in Washington County. We invite you to donate online, by mail, in person or through our Wish List. Our Tax ID number is 93-6002316. You can even donate in honor or memory of a person or a pet, if you’d like!
We also hope you will consider making a gift to the animals of Washington County during your estate planning. Contact us at 503-846-7041 with any questions about donations or to discuss planned giving.
It makes an enormous difference in the lives of the animals when people share so generously. The more people like you donate, the more we can help the animals!
Other ways to donate
Print and complete this form. Send the completed form and your check by mail. If you wish to make your gift in honor or memory of a person or pet, please be sure to put that information on the form.
Come by the shelter
We can accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Remember the animals in your estate planning
Leaving a bequest to the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter not only leaves a legacy in your name, but it also increases our success in saving and improving animals' lives.
Our community is critical to our fundraising efforts! Unlike many animal shelters and other charitable organizations, we do not currently have staff dedicated to fundraising. Fortunately, we are very lucky to have a community of supporters who run a variety of fundraisers for the benefit of the animals. If you or your company, organization or student group is looking for a way to help lost and homeless animals in Washington County, please consider creating a fundraiser for the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter.
No fundraiser is too small! We are grateful for your support!
Here are some basics steps to creating an awesome fundraiser
- Decide how you want to raise money. Choose something that sounds fun, or that you know that you do well, because you will be spending some time doing it. You can always just ask people for donations (and you might be surprised how happy some folks are to give), but you could also sell something, provide a service, or offer to give a portion of sales if you own or run a business.
- Plan how you will advertise. Social media posts, posters, calling or texting friends, emails, or through other community announcements (such as through a school, work or religious organization newsletter) are all options! The more people who know about your fundraiser, the more potential donors you have. Make sure to give people all of the details including how to donate, who will benefit (Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter) and any other information you’d like to include to help people donate easily and feel good about it.
- Stay positive. Don't give up if donations are slow at first. Be persistent and tell everyone you know their help is wanted and needed. Your success and dedication will be an inspiration to others!
- Get photos of your event or people in action. You can share these with us and use them as part of a social media post, media release or article to get the word out about how you helped the animals. We sometimes use photos like this to thank fundraisers on our social media or in our newsletter.
- Deliver the funds. If you’d like a photo with staff, schedule a time to bring in your donation. Otherwise you can mail it or stop by anytime. We love to thank our fundraisers, so please provide your name and contact information so that we can mail a letter with our Tax ID number for your records.
- Thank everyone who participated and donated! Make sure to share the success of the fundraiser with those who supported it and let them know how much their contribution is appreciated. You can thank people in person, on social media, by email, or with a hand written note.
However you donate, thank you for helping the animals!
Washington County Animal Services Location
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123