- Download the grading permit application
- Once downloaded, complete, digitally sign and submit by email: [email protected]
- Staff will set up your permit
- When complete, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on payments and how to upload plans.
- Upload plans to Electronic Plan Review/ProjectDox, an online electronic plan review system.
Applications must be physically or digitally signed.
- Grading Permit Application
Grading permits may require erosion control permits from one of the following agencies:
- Clean Water Services (CWS) standards and permit (within CWS area)
- Washington County standards and permit (areas less than 1 acre outside CWS area)
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) standards and permit (areas 1 acre or more outside CWS area)
Grading and Site Work Plan Submittal Checklists
- General Grading Permit Submittal Package Checklist
- Onsite Stormwater Requirements
- Fire Marshall Site Review Form
- Criteria for Rural Grading Permit
- Retaining Wall Permit Requirements
Miscellaneous Forms and Information
- Grading Ordinance (2008 B-Engrossed Ord 689)
- How the County Regulates Fill Placement in the Rural Area - Brochure
- Revision Form
Grading Permit Process
- Initial Information Review for Package Completeness
- Notice given to applicant for incomplete submittal, if needed.
- First Building Engineers' Technical Completeness Review
- Review letter itemizing additional information required and Conditions of Approval notice sent to permit applicant.
- Second Building Engineers' Review of Applicant Responses to Plan Review Comments
- Partial information or incomplete responses will place project on hold.
- CES Permit or DEQ Permit
- Current Planning Signoff
- Facility Access Permit Signoff
- LUT Engineering Signoff
- Building Services Signoff
- Pre-construction Meeting
- Two Intermediate Inspections (minimum)
- As-built Plans Submitted
- Contractors' Completion Form Submitted
- Civil Engineers' Completion Form Submitted
- Geotech Engineers' Completion Form and Final Summary Report Submitted
- Engineering Geologist Form Submitted (when applicable)
- Final Inspection