- Livability (tall grass, weeds, rodents, etc.)
- Right-of-way activity
- Noise issues (Health and Human Services)
- Exotic animals (Health and Human Services) Roosters or male peacocks are not regulated in urban unincorporated Washington County.
Property owners who violate codes may face hearings before a hearings officer, monetary penalties and/or property liens. We respond to potential code violations based on priorities:
- Priority 1 violations - Impact environmental/natural resources, pose significant health and/or safety issues or involve structures under construction that don’t meet code standards.
- Priority 2 violations - Disturb community livability or pose a lower health/safety risk.
- Priority 3 violations - Do not involve safety issues.
- Priority 4 violations - Do not pose harm; no life/safety issues.
To submit complaints anonymously, complete the Code violation form but DO NOT include your name and address. We do not investigate complaints unless a form is submitted.
In addition to submitting a complaint through the Public Permitting and Services Portal, completed Code violation forms can be submitted by:
- Email the completed form
- Fax the completed form to 503-846-2908
- Mail/in person:
Washington County Land Use & Transportation
Planning and Development Services - Code Compliance
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 350, MS 13
Hillsboro, OR 97124