What are facility permits?
Facility permits are needed when subdivisions, partitions and other development projects are conditioned to build public improvements on County roads. Improvements include sidewalks, curbs, gutters, streetlights, paving, traffic signals and more.
Permits are not issued until plans are approved by our Engineering Plan Review team. The process includes:
- A Public Improvement Contract (surety bond or cash surety) and final construction inspections to assure improvements are built to County standards
- A one-year (minimum) maintenance period
- Final maintenance inspections
- Release of contract and closure of permit
Apply for a facility permit
- Submit a completed Facility Permit Information Form and a Design and Inspection Option Form
- Pay the administrative deposit paid by credit card (call 503-846-3843) or by check (via U.S. Mail or in person). The amount is listed in the County Land Use Notice of Decision or the City Comment Letter (projects within a city.)