The proposed Chevron fuel station and the proposed In-N-Out Burger are examples of development applications that have generated a lot of interest. Documents related to these projects are available below.
Proposed Chevron fuel station: Casefile L2200199
Proposed In-N-Out Burger: Casefile L2200066
Please note: Some documents may not be available electronically. To review documents available in hard copy, visit:
Land Use & Transportation
Public Services Building - Third floor
155 N First Ave., Suite 350
Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We are closed for in-person services on Wednesday (temporarily) and Friday.
To submit comments on a project:
Projects with upcoming public hearings: Comment Here
For all other applications/case files:
Email comments to [email protected], including your full name and mailing address, to the planning staff person associated with the project.
Mail comments, your full name and mailing address, to Washington County Land Use & Transportation, 155 N First Ave., Suite 350-13, Hillsboro, OR 97124.
- Proposed Development: In-N-Out Burger: 3,885-square-foot restaurant with drive-thru and outdoor seating.
- Location: 10565 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Highway
- Land Use District: Commercial Business District and Office Commercial District
- Application: (Type II elevated to a Type III procedure with hearing) Submitted February 2020
- Updated: Application Materials (Aug. 12, 2022)
Applicant is considering a new site design, including only the Community Business District portion of the site.
Previously submitted materials
Proposed Development: Chevron: 4,428-square-foot convenience market with drive thru and four covered fuel islands.
Location: 1845 NW West Union Rd.
Land Use District: Neighborhood Commercial
Application: Application Materials (Submitted August 2022)
Update 11/18/2022: At the Nov. 17 public hearing, the Hearings Officer heard the applicant’s request for the gas station and convenience store with a drive-thru. The request also included an Access Management Plan for access to NW West Union Road and a request for an exception to half-street improvements to NW West Union Road. Listen to the hearing recording
- Additional evidence from all interested parties was accepted through 4 p.m. Nov. 25.
- Comments only on the additional evidence (no new evidence) can be submitted through 4 p.m. Dec. 2. [email protected]
- Applicant arguments can be submitted until 4 p.m. Dec. 9.
- Written decision from the Hearings Officer is expected by Jan. 11.
Updated 10/25/2022: Results of Oct. 20 Public Hearing
- The Hearings Officer opened the Oct. 20 hearing to receive a request from the applicant's representative to continue the hearing to 1 p.m. Nov 17.
- No presentations were given and public testimony was not taken.
- Staff and applicant presentations and opportunity for public testimony will be provided Nov. 17. See Public Hearings Agendas