Bank card information accepted over the phone or in person. Do not send by email.
Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal for right-of-way permits and more.
If this is your first time using the Public Permitting and Services Portal, register an account and watch the How-to Register video
After your register you can apply for permits and authorizations, track their status and search for information. You can also schedule inspections and view their results.
You need a permit to do any work in the public right-of-way. This includes repairing and building sidewalks, driveways, accesses, sewer lines, storm drains and private water lines.
Permits make sure work in the public right-of-way is safe. We make sure work is up to standard and protects public infrastructure.
Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal for these right-of-way permits:
- Access: Establishes the access point between private property and a county road and allows construction.
- General Construction: Allows work like drainage upgrades, sewer connections, new sidewalk construction, dust control application and frontage improvements.
- Sidewalk Repair: Allows property owners to repair or replace sidewalk panels.
- Sign Installation: Allows the installation of signs from another public agency or neighborhood watch signs.
- Contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 503-846-2774 for information about neighborhood watch signs.
- Utility: Allows utility companies to construct and maintain things like pipes, conduits, poles and vaults.
ROW Agreement Forms:
NOTE: If using the Public Permitting and Systems Portal, a signed agreement will need to be uploaded to the portal before processing.
- Dust Control Agreement (PDF) Allows you to hire a contractor to apply dust control to a road in front of your property. The contractor needs to apply for a general construction permit to do the work.
- "No Spray" Agreement (PDF): Needed to opt-out of roadside spraying next to your property. If you are new to the program or need to buy more "no spray" signs, contact us.
- Storage Container Agreement (PDF): Required to place any storage container in the right-of-way.
(Used to make changes to scope of work, contractor or person(s) responsible for permit.)