Skip to main content

Right-of-Way Permits

Apply for permits if you plan to work in the public right-of-way.


Bank card information accepted over the phone or in person. Do not send by email.

Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal for right-of-way permits and more. 

If this is your first time using the Public Permitting and Services Portal, register an account and watch the How-to Register video

After your register you can apply for permits and authorizations, track their status and search for information. You can also schedule inspections and view their results.

Permit Portal

You need a permit to do any work in the public right-of-way. This includes repairing and building sidewalks, driveways, accesses, sewer lines, storm drains and private water lines.

Permits make sure work in the public right-of-way is safe. We make sure work is up to standard and protects public infrastructure.  

Not sure if you need a permit? Call 503-846-7623 (ROAD) or email us at [email protected] for help.

Visit the Public Permitting and Services Portal for these right-of-way permits:

ROW Agreement Forms:

NOTE: If using the Public Permitting and Systems Portal, a signed agreement will need to be uploaded to the portal before processing.

  • Dust Control Agreement (PDF) Allows you to hire a contractor to apply dust control to a road in front of your property. The contractor needs to apply for a general construction permit to do the work.
  • "No Spray" Agreement (PDF): Needed to opt-out of roadside spraying next to your property. If you are new to the program or need to buy more "no spray" signs, contact us.
  • Storage Container Agreement (PDF): Required to place any storage container in the right-of-way. 

Related Documents:

General Conditions (PDF 146.4 KB)
Insurance Requirements (PDF 26.58 KB)

(Used to make changes to scope of work, contractor or person(s) responsible for permit.)

Road Design and Construction Standards


Back to top